Welcome to The Creativeness Within Me

I hope you will enjoy browsing through this blog and looking at My Writings, Photography and Paintings. Painting is a fairly new enterprise but I will take pictures of them as I go along to assess improvement (if there is any). But the point is in enjoying what we do and hoping that what we have to offer brings some pleasure or interest to others, or just plain curiousity.

If you like The Creativeness Within Me you may wish to go to my other blogs: http://www.sbehnish.blogspot.com (Talk, Tales, Thoughts and Things) which is about motivational topics, travel, parenting ... and other things, ttp://www.progressofabraininjury.blogspot.com which is, as the name suggests, about brain injuries and http://www.sebehnish.blogspot.com which is my travel blog.

Thank you for stopping by.

Sylvia Behnish

Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Unique Collection

Beginning as a young girl, I received many small dolls from Scotland and Germany, gifts from unknown relatives. As I grew older, I expanded on my collection to include Ashton Drake baby dolls.

Enjoying my dolls, I later decided to expand on this collection to include sons; four to be exact. All similar in that they were boys but each special and different in their own unique way. The first son was quiet, gentle, easy-going and a brown-eyed charmer. The second son was shy and not liking to be the center of attention resisted my attempts to show off what I considered extreme intelligence in a child so young. The third son was feisty and mischievous and kept everyone busy from morning 'til night. The fourth, blonde haired and blue-eyed watched the other three with eyes wide open and became an interesting combination of each of the other three versions.

Enjoying my four sons, I decided to add a daughter to give my collection a little different look. She was blonde-haired, brown-eyed, beautiful and intelligent, Later, unable to find another that fit as well into my collection, I decided not to add any more daughters.

The years passed and I enjoyed the small collection I had until I realized that grandchildren would be a wonderful addition. The first of my grandchildren is a beautiful dark haired girl with an athletic streak. The second addition is a dark haired boy with a beautiful smile and a devotion to bugs and computers. Third is a golden-haired girl with big shining eyes and the voice of an angel. My next addition is another boy with blonde hair and large blue eyes. He believes his role is to entertain the entire group. My most recent addition is the replica of his father in looks. He is the son of the third son of the first collection. I am expecting to add two more grandchildren additions this year. No doubt the grandchildren addition will become much larger than my original collection.

I have discovered that the grandchildren portion of my collection is much easier to look after than was my original collection. No maintenance is needed and, in fact, no decisions at all are required relating to them. They are looked after predominately by the first group and will expand and grow over the years with no particular effort on my part.

My entire collection was, and still is, beautiful. I doubt very much that I could find another collection that I cherish as much as the ones I have. I would recommend collections such as these for almost everyone. Over time they become self-sustaining and the enjoyment derived from them increases with every year that passes. I don't believe there are many collectors who can boast of similar advantages.

Writing, Excerpts and Publications

No comments:

Post a Comment